We take the privacy of its users seriously.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing a personalized and valuable service.
How we use your data
1. "To better provide a personalized and valuable service"
From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself, on a voluntary basis in order to receive or use services on the Websites. At a later date we may offer you the opportunity to participate in surveys carried out by BARKS to help our research into the types of service we offer.
We may use information in aggregate form;
- To build up marketing profiles
- To aid strategic developments
- To manage our relationship with advertisers and to audit usage of this site
We may analyze and disclose aggregate data, as mentioned above, to advertisers and other reputable businesses but we will not include any identifying information about individual subscribers. We may, occasionally, disclose information to business partners and sponsors but will notify you if this is to happen and will only collect information for this purpose with your express consent.
2. We may disclose aggregate report based on location information, demographics and traffic patterns to advertisers and business partners.
Advertisers will be able to advertise effectively based on this data and you will be able to receive more personalized advertisements.
We do not track user’s pattern of site usage, and advertisers will not be able to identify specific members or users clicking their advertisements.
Information disclosure to third party
We will not disclose any personal information to unauthorized third party, unless specified in the following cases.
(1) You are already informed that the information collected by BARKS may be accessible by third party use
(2) When personal information is requested for legal reasons and processing, as required by laws and regulations with or without your prior consent
(3) Personal information is absolutely necessary based on urgent scenario including but not limited to medical/physical, and other life-threatening emergencies
(4) Disclosing and sharing personal information is absolutely necessary in order to provide you with relevant products and/or services of your interest
(5) When third parties, such as outsourcing company designated by us, need your personal information in order to provide you with relevant products and/or services of your interest
We will notify when and why we need personal information
We will publicly notify purposes of collecting personal information.
Provided that the following cases do not apply:
(1) When notifying and publicly announcing the purpose of our collecting personal information may result in life-threatening scenario, and may harm physical and/or financial rights and interests of you and third party,
(2) When notifying and publicly announcing the purpose of our colleting personal information may harm rights and interests of BARKS,
(3) Pursuant to the provisions of laws and regulations, cooperating with local government and administration is required, and notifying and publicly announcing such act may appear not to be the best interest of relevant parties,
(4) Public notification is not mandatory for obvious reasons.
How we keep personal information
We will hold your personal information on our systems under the terms of our "BARKS Compliance Program".
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the BARKS Compliance Program.
You have the right to ask reasons why your personal information is requested and we will aim to respond promptly.
Provided that we may not be able to assist you with every request if there is a legitimate reason, and/or when not required by laws.
We will inform you with our decision if we cannot assist you with any of your specific request.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
Provided that we may not disclose part or all of your personal information if there is a legitimate reason, and will inform you immediately with details when and where applicable.
We aim to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date.
If that information is wrong or needs updated, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your behalf.
You have the right to request us to discontinue using and/or delete the personal information we collected from you when:
- Your personal information is being used beyond the scope of your agreed use
- Your personal information is being used and obtained by a fraudulent or other unjust means
We will implement necessary research and aim to conduct appropriate measures for correction to the extent possible.
Using IP address, cookies, web beacon
A Cookie or web beacon is information that a web site puts on your hard disk so that it can remember something about you at a later time.
We use these cookies and beacons on the site solely customizing service for you but not to specifically track your activity in any way.
You can turn cookies off using your browser at any time but this may result in a loss of functionality.
Some of the cookies used through the Websites are run by the following third parties.
These cookies are set so that you may receive more personalized advertisements.
If you would like to turn them off, please follow the procedures at each company website below.
i-MEDIA DRIVE inc.
Atlas Advertiser Suite
Advertising.com Japan KK.
BARKS may include links to external websites on the Websites.
We will not be liable for the use of personal information which you agreed to disclose by using the above mentioned eternal websites.
When there is a material change, we will provide a prominent notice including notices via the Website.
GLOBAL PLUS, INC.
BARKS Editorial Department
1-6-10 Giraffa 6F
Hiroo, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo